אתה נמצא כאן: ראשי / אזור הכתבות באתר / הערכת היד – יד טובה- יד גרועה – "13 טוב" – "12 גרוע" וקלפי T ו-9

הערכת היד – יד טובה- יד גרועה – "13 טוב" – "12 גרוע" וקלפי T ו-9

פורסם בתאריך 10/04/2012.

אנו שמחים לפרסם את הכתבה הראשונה מתוך 5- בנושא "הערכת היד – יד טובה-יד גרועה" (המקור: mrbridge).

אתה בדרך כלל שומע מומחים של משחק הברידג' מדברים על "13 טוב' או "12 רע", המסייג את ספירת נקודת שלהם עם התואר. חשוב מאוד ללמוד כיצד להעריך את עוצמתה של היד מעבר לספירת נקודות.

הכתבה היא בשפת המקור=אנגלית. בהמשך אעלה את התרגום בעברית וכתבות נוספות.

לקריאת הכתבה לחצו כאן

HAND EVALUATION 40

 Good Hand, Bad Hand

Part 1 of 5
by Bernard Magee

 

You will often hear bridge experts talking about a 'good thirteen' or a 'bad twelve', qualifying their point count with an adjective. Learning how to assess the relative strength of your hand beyond point count is very important.

So far we have looked at the Losing Trick Count as a major step-forward in hand evaluation and we have also seen how the auction can affect the value of your cards, but there are many other factors that affect the strength of your hand:

  • Tens and nines.
  • Shape.
  • Honours together.
  • Cards in partner's suit.

Compare these two hands; which one would you prefer to hold?

Hand A has 13 high-card points, none of the honours are together, there are no nines or tens and it has the worst shape possible. I would value it as about 12 points.

Conversely, Hand B has no isolated honours – they are all working together. Moreover, it has plenty of tens and a nine; it also has two reasonable suits from which to make tricks. This hand is closer to 14 points than 13, let alone 12.

There is no doubt that Hand B is much the better hand.

Let us look in turn at each of the points made above.

Ten and nines

Compare these two clubs holdings: (a) K-7-3-2 and (b) Q-J-T-9 . How many tricks do you expect to make from each?

Perhaps one from (a), but definitely two from (b), the solid sequence.

Solidity can be very important in establishing tricks and having the intermediate cards in a suit can make a lot of difference. The diamonds in Hand B, A-J-T, are almost guaranteed to offer a finessing chance; even if partner has three small diamonds, you have a 76% chance of making two tricks from the suit. Take away the ten and this is certainly not the case: A-J-x opposite three small cards has just a 24% chance of two tricks.

The point-count system stops at the jack, but clearly tens are of some worth and you should adjust the evaluation of your hand accordingly: any ten with another honour is worth half a point.

Note that a holding such as T-4-3 is not likely to be helpful, but K-T-3 can make a big difference, increasing your chances when partner holds the jack or queen of the suit.

 

אודות Gabi

כתוב תגובה

למעלה